- DUBLIN'S party posse will be out in force on Wednesday evening for the much anticipated launch of online events guide www.2night.ie at the No Name Bar on Fade Street.
MC for the night will be Q102's Ray Shah, while guests can also look forward to hearing a live set from Dublin band The Shoos.
Guests on the invite list include Kathryn Thomas, Laura Woods, Pippa O'Connor and Glenda Gilson.
- A host of big names from the fashion world will step out to Brown Thomas tomorrow afternoon when acclaimed designer Alice Temperley comes to town to showcase her spring summer 2010 collections.
Guests will enjoy champagne and canapes as they mingle with the British style icon at the department store's Designer Room on Level One from 1pm.
Famous for her prints, Alice's collection features jersey knits, embroidery Anglaise and tailored cottons as well as select pieces in denim and leather, decorated with the tiger print, the carousel print and the ace print.
- THIS year's ambassadors for the Adidas Trainer Scrappage Scheme with Lifestyle Sports Adidas Race Series 2010 will be officially announced on Wednesday afternoon with a photocall at St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.
The novel initiative will allow people to trade in their old trainers at Lifestyle Sports stores across Ireland before Adidas process the collected trainers through their recycling system in the hopes of collecting at least 1,000 pairs of trainers to donate to the Chernobyl Children's Project International.
The scrappage scheme rewards participants with a 25pc discount off a new pair of Adidas Supernova or Response trainers.
- STRICTLY Come Dancing fans will be in for a treat later this year when the first ever Strictly Come Dancing -- The Professionals Tour featuring 10 popular dancers from the hit BBC1 series arrives in Dublin.
The much anticipated show will take to the stage at the O2 on Friday, May 14, Saturday, May 15 and on Sunday, May 16, following a stint at theatres throughout Britain.
Fans can look forward to being taken on a rhythmic and colourful journey during the show which features the Argentine Tango, rumba rhythms, sizzling samba and mambo moves.
- INTERNET sensations Crystal Swing were stepping out in Dublin this morning to officially launch Eircom's New Generation Broadband in the auditorium of their head office on St John's Road.
The three members joined Eircom's CEO Paul Donovan, and other senior executives to publicise the initiative before performing live in front of members of the media, a select group of Crystal Swing fans and members of staff at the company.
A recording of the live performance will also be uploaded to YouTube via Eircom's new Next Generation broadband service.