Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes' Dublin restaurant remains closed despite assurances of its re-opening on St Patrick's Day.
Gary Rhodes closed down his D7 eatery for "renovations". Previously, a spokesperson told the Herald the restaurant would be thoroughly revamped by St Patrick's Day and its menu revised.
Now, former employees of the restaurant have expressed their anger, with one saying they have been "strung along" by management for three months.
The employee said their demands for redundancy pay have been ignored, adding claims have been lodged with the employment appeals tribunal in a bid to get the monies they claim is owed to them.
A recorded telephone message yesterday said the restaurant was closed for "remodelling works", and would be re-opened by Tuesday, March 17.
The 250-seat restaurant, RhodesD7, shut its doors in early January. A restaurant source confirmed that the chef and his advisors decided to temporarily shut for the New Year.
She said the closure was necessary to allow for renovations to take place, a revamp of the menu and to devise a more aggressive marketing strategy.
However, in the interim, little work appears to have been carried out. The restaurant had a sign in the menu box as late as Monday, noting it would be re-opening for St Patrick's Day. However, it did not and the sign was later removed.
The restaurant is owned by Benton properties owner Sean Kelly. Mr Kelly said he was meeting Mr Rhodes to discuss the future of the restaurant. He said that staff have been paid "redundancy elements".
It remains unclear when the premises will re-open.