- AFTER 10 years as the primary sponsor of the Irish Grand National at Fairyhouse, Powers Whiskey will bow out at the end of next week's Easter racing festival.
Next year will mark a new era for the prestigious handicap steeplechase race, with the official new sponsor for the period of 2011 to 2013 to be announced at a special media event next Tuesday morning.
To mark the announcement a handful of media insiders will be treated to a special brunch at the Meath racecourse, kicking off from 11.30am ahead of racing that afternoon.
- ACCLAIMED designer Alice Temperley was forced to cancel an appearance at Grafton Street's Brown Thomas this afternoon due to illness.
The British style icon was due to step out to the department store's Designer Room on Level One at lunchtime to showcase her Spring Summer 2010 Collection, which includes jersey knits, embroidery Anglaise and tailored cottons.
Alice is expected to reschedule the launch for a date to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
- BUCK'S New Townhouse will be the place to be next weekend when hostesses at the venue, Michele McGrath and Sara Kavanagh host their Easter egg-stravaganza on Saturday and Sunday night.
On Saturday, The Master Room will host party tunes from DJ Rafiq, while electro house DJ Rory Long will spin in the VIP Boudoir Suite, with live music from Roly Smythe and Livin' Proof in the Piano Bar.
Easter Sunday, meanwhile, will see the venue host the official after-show party for the Fun Lovin' Criminals, who will perform a live DJ set in the venue.
- Jedward stepped out this morning to make an appearance at the newly opened Therapie Hair Couture on Molesworth Street.
The former X-Factor stars joined award winning co-directors of the salon, Paul Reilly and Barry Donohue for a special publicity event, which saw them get their trademark blond quiffs restyled.
- EXCITEMENT is building ahead of this week's South William Street VVIP Awards, due to take place at Spy on Thursday night, in association with Sound Check.
Guests at the event can look forward to complimentary wine and prosecco on arrival, along with live performances on the night, a modern dance interval and much more.
Award categories on the night will include trendiest person of the year, best haircut and best photographer.