- FOOD lovers will be out in force next Tuesday morning to mark the first anniversary of the Love Irish Food festival.
The event takes place at Bewley's Cafe on Grafton Street at 11am and will be hosted by Jim Power, chairman of Love Irish Food.
The results of a Love Irish Food members' survey will also be announced. It will detail the challenges facing the food and drink sector.
- THE official launch of Cafolla, Bass & Drums takes place at the Wright Venue tomorrow and promises to be a night not to be missed.
Cafolla, Bass & Drums is a collaboration between DJ Ivano Cafolla, Phil Bass, originally from Mauritius, and drummer and bongo player Jevine, also from Mauritius. The trio describe themselves as a funky vocal house group with some up- tempo R'n'B thrown in.
- AN exclusive party is being held at the Powerscourt Town Centre next week to celebrate the launch of the Dublin Festival of Fashion Festivities, which runs from Friday, October 1, to Sunday, October 3.
A host of big names from Dublin's social scene are expected to step out for the event, which kicks off from 7pm next Thursday night.
- A host of VIP guests are set to step out to the Secret Bar on Fade Street next Monday evening for a special Heineken event, which will see Frank Avers showcasing the art of pouring the perfect pint.
Guests will also have the opportunity to win Heineken Cup weekends away and tickets to upcoming gigs. It starts at 7pm.
- Author Jilly Cooper will be in town next week to promote her new book, Jump.
A select group of well known names and faces from the media world have been invited to join the popular writer at the Shelbourne Hotel on Thursday evening, where the book will have its Irish launch. It will kick off at 6.30pm and continue until 8.30pm.