| 9.4°C Dublin

Louis denies €1m X Factor deal done

LOUIS Walsh says he has no idea whether his X Factor job is safe for next year.

Speaking for the first time on whether he'll continue in the role, Louis said no decisions had been made.

And the Mayo music mogul hit out at reports which suggest he'd signed a €1m deal with the show next year. "It's total nonsense. I haven't been offered anything yet, none of us have," he said.

"None of the judges know what's going to happen next year, Simon would never tell us this far in advance. We'll just have to wait and see - it's the same thing every year.

"No one is 100pc safe and that includes me."

Huge speculation now hangs over whether Louis, Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland and Tulisa Contostavlos, pictured right, will be brought back next year.

Kelly has already said how touring her new material will be her priority in 2012 and when asked if she'll be doing the show again she replied "We'll see."

She raised eyebrows on Sunday night after refusing to pick between her two acts of Janet Devlin and Misha B after the pair polled the lowest number of votes.

Explaining her decision, she said she didn't want any of her girls to go.

"In the moment you think about which artist you would want to sign and who you would completely back and you make that decision. You make an executive smart decision," she said.

Meanwhile Louis has revealed how he was sad to see Janet Devlin leaving the show on Sunday, with the programme pulling in a high of 11.7m viewers over the weekend.

"I really liked her, she had that whole Celtic girl vibe going on. But it was just her time to go. She'll go on and do very well after all the exposure she's had," he continued.

He's now backing Amelia Lily to win.

Once he finishes filming the hit show, he'll be spending Christmas with his family in Kiltimagh, Co Mayo as usual before heading off to his bolt-hole in Miami.

mfinn@herald.ie


Privacy