- THE eagerly awaited Irish final of Elite Model Look is taking place tomorrow in the Wright Venue.
The competition, which has launched the careers of supermodels Gisele Bundchen and Naomi Campbell, is renowned for scouting raw modelling talent and over 350,000 hopefuls from across the globe apply to take part in national heats each year.
This year marked the first time that Ireland was included in the Elite search and 15 lucky finalists will battle it out tomorrow night for a place in the prestigious world final, which takes place in China.
- THE new production of Boss Grady's Boys, Sebastian Barry's acclaimed 1988 play, is set to attract a star-studded audience at its grand opening in the Gaiety Theatre tonight.
Amongst the VIPs that will attend to watch Pat Shortt and Tom Hickey in action are John McColgan and Moya Doherty, Gay Byrne and Kathleen Watkins, Eamon Dunphy and Mary Kennedy.
The story of two bachelor brothers runs until September 11. Tickets are available from Ticketmaster.ie or 0818 719388, priced from €12.50.
- EVER wondered what the hunky Leinster Squad chow down on after training -- well look no further than Nando's in Dundrum.
Led by Rob Kearney, the rugby stars including Kevin McLaughlin, Trevor Hogan and Luke Fitzgerald were seen talking team tactics as they decided what dish to order last week.
Meanwhile, one of the team's biggest supporters Amy Huberman was also spotted in the popular eaterie in the week, enjoying a catch up with friends.
FM104's Killian O'Sullivan, aka Fair City's Lorcan, was also spotted in the celebrity favourite in recent days.
- AN exhibition of some of the finest works by the Dutch 17th century artist Gabriel Metsu will go on show in the National Gallery of Ireland in Dublin from September 4 to December 5.
The exhibition will be opened by Mary Hanafin, TD Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport tomorrow.
A select number of insiders have been invited to attend the evening launch and reception.
- SAW Doctors fans will be out in full force to get a sneak preview of songs from their new album next week.
Shamtown Records has invited a number of lucky guests to the launch party to celebrate the release of The Further Adventures of The Saw Doctors in the Sugar Club on Wednesday, September 8.
The group will play a 30 minute set of their new songs.