- FASHIONISTAS will be out in force on Tuesday evening for Arnotts' Autumn/Winter 2010 fashion show.
The invite-only event, which is being sponsored by The Church venue, The Conran Shop and Chanel, will take place in the Henry Street store at 7pm.This year's show will put strong emphasis on wool handles, including luxe cashmere, double-faced wools, lofty brushed finishes and tweed. Rugged shearling, fleeces, faux fur, leather and wet-look patent will also feature heavily.
- Grainne Seoige will be jetting back to town from her newly adopted home of London this weekend to host RTE's much anticipated People Of The Year Awards at the Citywest Hotel.
Now in their 36th year, the awards take place on Saturday night and will be broadcast live on RTE One.
To celebrate, RTE's new daytime presenter Claire Byrne yesterday joined rugby pundit and children's author Brent Pope to announce details.
The awards are aimed at giving public recognition of the achievement to those who have made a positive impact on Irish society and are based on nominations received from members of the public.
- THE Sugar Club was the place to be last night when VIP guests stepped out for a sneak preview of songs from the Saw Doctor's new album.
Shamtown Records hosted the event and invitees were able to listen to extracts from The Further Adventures Of The Saw Doctors.
- EXCITEMENT is building ahead of this weekend's first ever Temple House festival in Sligo. with a host of big name acts including The Codes, The Josephs, The Double Ds, The 11's, Merchants of Fortune, Test4 Echo, Glen Cal and Michelle Nadia all on the bill. Up to 5,000 are expected at the Ballymote venue over the course of the three-day event.
- FANS of the Frames will be out in force this Friday when tickets for the band's Vicar Street gig go on sale.
Frontman Glen Hansard and his bandmates are celebrating 20 years together as a group and will play all their biggest hits, old and new, when they take to the stage at the city centre venue on December 13.
Tickets for the one-off performance are expected to sell out fast and will go on sale at 9am for €35 through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide.