- IRISH DJ Frank Jez will see his name in lights tonight when he takes the stage alongside American rapper Snoop Dogg for his only Dublin date this year, at the Olympia.
Jez is well known as the face of FM104's Big Urban Mix, which is on the airwaves every Sunday from 6pm-7pm and has previously performed at Oxegen.
"My cuz Frank Jez will big it up for us again. It feels like I'm visiting old friends, and our crew always looks forward to chasing the Irish colleens," Snoop said of the gig.
- LAST year's Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity will jet into town later this year for two big Irish gigs.
The talented dance troupe have just confirmed that they will perform at Dublin's O2 on Saturday, November 27, and in Belfast, on Sunday, November 28.
Formed in 2007 the dance troupe consists of 11 members from East London and the Essex area. Tickets are on sale now from usual outlets nationwide, while VIP packages will be available for both performances but will be limited to 50 per show.
- RACING enthusiasts will be making tracks to the Kingdom next week for the much anticipated, four-day Killarney Racing Festival which begins on July 14.
To officially launch the event, former Killarney Races Ladies Day judges Andrea Roche and Pippa O'Connor attended a photo call to promote the Most Stylish Hat Award, which will be held at the race course on Dawn Dairies Ladies Day on Thursday, July 15. Judged by Rosanna Davison and Daithi O Se, the winner will receive a luxury break to the Radisson St Helens in Dublin, plus a specially commissioned vase.
The overall winner of the main title, the Dawn Dairies Queen of Fashion, will win a trip for two to New York.
- POPULAR comedian Jon Kenny will return to Vicar Street with his new show on October 9.
The show heralds a return for Jon to the type of work that made his reputation as one of the most talented comedians in Ireland
Tickets costing €28 are on sale through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide.
- FOLLOWING the success of Ireland's first 3D disco last weekend at the Wright Venue, the show has now been signed up to feature at this weekend's three-day Oxegen festival.
The event was deemed a huge success at the northside venue last weekend when club bosses had to put the sold-out sign up before midnight, with over 2,500 revellers at the cutting edge show.
Among those there on Friday night was the cast of new Dublin socialite docu soap, Fade Street, who were celebrating the end of filming in Marbella.
Saturday night, meanwhile, saw guest DJs Ray Shah, Killian Murphy and Steve Cooper host a special Radio Maliboom party in the venue's main room.