- A host of big names stepped out last Friday for soccer legend Paul McGrath's annual Charity Golf Classic at Arklow Golf Club, Co Wicklow, in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Association of Ireland.
Among the celebrity golfers who competed were John Giles and Ronnie Whelan, RTE sports broadcaster Darragh Moloney, boxer Bernard Dunne, rugby star Shane Byrne and a host of other personalities, including Brian Ormond, Gerald Kean, Simon Delaney, Syl Fox and Steve Rainer.
The event was rounded off with a meal in the clubhouse followed by a charity auction and entertainment by Mary Black, Don Baker and Brian Kennedy.
- TOP model Jenny Lee Masterson teamed up with chef and renowned blogger Donal Skehan this morning to sample some of the winning dishes in the Squeeze Heinz Recipe Challenge.
The pair were on hand to announce the name of one lucky winner who has scooped the top prize to have their grocery bills paid for the next three months.
Three runners-up will have their bills paid for one month.
- RTE'S Sonya Lennon joined forces with Newstalk presenter George Hook and marketing manager of Miele Ireland, Caroline Fleming, to judge the Miele Classic Lady Competition at the Darley Irish Oaks at the Curragh.
The big prize was €3,000 worth of Miele appliances, second place was €1,000 worth of Miele appliances and there was €500 worth of appliances for third place.
- EXCITEMENT is building ahead of this year's Electric Picnic festival after some of the biggest names from Ireland's comedy circuit were added to the line-up.
Among those on the bill are Jimeoin, Fr Ted star Ardal O'Hanlon, Stephen Frost Improv Allstars -- who will be joined on stage by Never Mind The Buzzcocks team captain Phil Jupitus for shows on Saturday and Sunday afternoon -- Ed Byrne, Colin Murphy and Canadian comic Glenn Wool.
Gift Grub impressionist Mario Rosenstock will also be there to bring his wickedly subversive satirical comedy to Stradbally to headline on Saturday and Sunday, September 4 and 5.
- A host of big names are expected to step out to the official opening of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Grand Canal Theatre on Thursday night. Doors open from 6.30pm, with the acclaimed musical due to begin at 7.30pm sharp.
wwwFORMER You're A Star singer and songwriter Mickey Harte will rerelease his top hit Sound Of The Summer with an accompanying new video at a special launch tomorrow night.
He will be joined by star couple Brian Ormond and Pippa O'Connor, Leeanne Moore and Morgan Deane in Dicey Reilly's beer garden at the Russell Court Hotel, Harcourt Street, from 9pm.