- THE Porterhouse in Temple Bar will be the place to be this Thursday night when details of this year's Beer and Whiskey Festival are unveiled.
The event will kick off at 6.30pm and will see the winners of five different categories -- Best Stout, Best Ale, Best Lager, Best Speciality and Best Bottled Beer -- announced on the night.
Invited guests will enjoy hand-crafted beers brewed in small batches and specially selected whiskeys from all over Ireland throughout the evening.
- FANS of Ryan Tubridy's RTE One radio show are being asked to vote for their top five greatest Irish people this week, after a list of 40 people -- including well known historical figures, musicians, actors, authors, sports people and politicians -- was announced on yesterday's show.
Among those who made the grade according to an Ipsos/MRBI poll, were Bono, Stephen Gately, Colin Farrell, Bob Geldof and Roy Keane, to name but a few.
The public can vote for their choice on www.rte.ie/ tv/irelandsgreatest.
Each of the top five will feature in a programme detailing their life and accomplishments, to be aired on RTE television in September.
- ACTING legend David Kelly, Olympic boxer Kenny Egan and writer Brian Keenan joined Fair City's Clelia Murphy to step out to Dublin's brand new Grand Canal Theatre yesterday to sound the nominations for this year's much-anticipated People of the Year Awards.
The Awards, which are organised by Rehab, sponsored by Quinn Healthcare and broadcast before a live television audience on RTE One, will take place on Saturday September 11 in Dublin.
The closing date for this year's entries is June 15.
- A host of well-known names and faces will step out this Thursday night for a special 42Below Vodka event, set to take place at Solas bar on Wexford Street.
To celebrate the exclusive bash, the area will be transformed into a kiwi forest, with life-size murals and bespoke flooring, with everything from kiwis and alligators to some other cute and not-so-cute critters on display, in order to stay true to the brand's New Zealand roots.
Guests on the night will enjoy 42Below signature serves and cocktails.
- A handful of media insiders have been invited to enjoy an exclusive preview of Sony Ericsson's brand new Xperia X10 handset tomorrow night, with its official launch taking place at the O2.
The impressive new phone boasts a host of special features and promises to wow users with its new capabilities, which invitees will have the opportunity to test out on the night.
The event will kick off at 6.30pm and will be held at the concert venue's Indigo Lounge.