- TV3 star Anna Daly stepped out this week to announce details of this year's Which Course Expo 2010, which takes place at the RDS on August 28-29.
The blonde beauty also announced details of Ireland's most desired courses, which were compiled over the course of six months, and saw photography, nursing and hairdressing topping the bill.
This month's show will feature over 80 exhibitors as well as a number of inspirational celebrity guest speakers over the two days.
- LEGENDARY band UB40 are to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their seminal debut album, Signing Off, by performing the album live during a tour of intimate venues across Ireland and Britain this October and November.
The Red Red Wine band will kick off the Irish leg of their tour at the Waterfront in Belfast on November 21 before arriving in Dublin on November 22 for a gig at the National Stadium and moving on to The Royal Theatre, Castlebar, on November 23.
Tickets for the tour go on sale this Friday at 9am and are expected to sell out fast.
- Media insiders will be whisked to the new showroom of Eden Manor Bridal in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, this week for a special preview of the Bridal Retreat Extravaganza.
Guests will enjoy a special champagne treat upon arrival, before taking in a fashion show featuring models from Assets modelling agency.
The event will be hosted by Ireland AM presenter Sinead Desmond.
Afterwards attendees will enjoy a healthy lunch at the renowned Monart Destination Spa.
- EXCITEMENT is building ahead of the official debut of Fame The Musical, which takes to the stage at the Grand Canal Theatre in Dublin for the first time later this month.
To celebrate, a star-studded opening night will take place at the new theatre on Tuesday, August 24, at 7.30pm.
Among the big names in the line-up are winners of RTE's TV reality show Fame, Jessica Cervi and Ben Morris, and acclaimed performer Sheila Ferguson.
Big name stars, including RTE's Derek Mooney, who presented the TV series, are expected to be in attendance.
- WHICH actor was left red-faced when they couldn't afford the bus fare into town?
- TOP designer Jennifer Rothwell is set to host an exclusive sale of her work at the Loft Market in Powerscourt Townhouse Centre this weekend.
Fashion-savvy ladies can look forward to snapping up amazing reductions of up to 70pc on selected items of designer clothing and will also receive a €20 voucher off already reduced items.
The Powerscourt centre event will take place from noon-6pm on Friday, and 11am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday.