Double gun attack survivor in the dock over driving charges

Scott Purdue

Ken Foy

This is the victim of a city gun attack appearing in court just weeks after being blasted several times in west Dublin.

Scott Purdue appeared before Blanchardstown District Court yesterday where he was remanded on continuing bail.

The 21-year-old, who has a bullet lodged in his head, is charged with road traffic offences and failing to appear in court.

Mr Purdue, who wore a blue North Face tracksuit and blue Nike trainers, did not speak during the brief hearing.

He was the victim of a shooting last month and was hospitalised for two nights after being struck twice in the leg.

Mr Purdue was shot by a lone gunman in Shancastle Park, Clondalkin, at 8.45pm on December 17.


He was treated at the scene by ambulance personnel and later taken to hospital.

After the gun attack, images emerged on social media of Mr Purdue eating a Big Mac from his bed in Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown.

One of the posts shared online said: "A cat has to eat."

In November 2017, Mr Purdue was shot in the head in a garden in Clondalkin and a bullet was lodged in his skull, where it still remains. He was also the victim of a knife attack.

Mr Purdue, who has addresses at Shancastle Park, Clondalkin, and Kilcullen, Co Kildare, faces charges of driving without insurance and a driving licence at Shancastle Park on October 10, 2019, and with failing to appear at Blanchardstown District Court on October 24, 2018.

His case was heard before Judge David McHugh yesterday morning.

Jennifer Jackson BL, told Judge McHugh that she was representing Mr Purdue.

"I understand that there are road traffic offences before the court," she said.

"My instructing solicitor has asked me to ask you to make an order for a precis and a copy of the custody record."

Judge McHugh made the order and remanded Mr Purdue on continuing bail until February 27.


Gardai are continuing their investigations into the gun attack on him last month.

A 19-year-old from the Clondalkin area, as well as two other men aged in their 20s, were arrested in the hours after the shooting.

The were detained under Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act at Ronanstown and Lucan garda stations.

A garda spokeswoman said at the time of the incident: "Gardai are continuing to appeal for anyone with information in relation to this incident to come forward, particular any road users with camera footage who were travelling in the area at the time.

"Anyone with information is asked to contact Ronanstown Garda Station on 01 666 7700, the Garda Confidential Line, on 1800 666 111, or any garda station."