Donoher hits late score to lift Laois and ditch Models

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers Round 2A

A late Niall Donoher point proved the difference as Laois clinched a 0-18 to 0-17 win over Wexford in a thrilling encounter in Wexford Park.

Wexford led by two with six minutes remaining but a brace of converted frees from substitute MJ Tierney before with Donoher's last-minute strike snatched the victory for Laois.

The O'Moore men lead 0-11 to 0-10 at half-time following a pulsating first chapter, with a point in added time from substitute Damien O'Connor leaving Laois in front.

It rained heavily at the interval to make conditions very slippery for the players on the resumption.

The influential John O'Loughlin edged Laois back in front but it was Wexford who scored four of the next five points.

Laois were becoming guilty of turning over the ball around the middle acres and Wexford capitalised with the excellent Ciaran Lyng and PJ Banville taking full advantage.

The sides continued to exchange points until Ben Brosnan's 45 in the 64th minute again put Wexford two up.

That was to be the hosts final score, however, as Laois lifted their game for the final minutes kicking three late points to snatch a dramatic win.

Two converted penalties from Ger Collins (pictured) and a late goal by substitute Darragh Treacy helped LIMERICK to a 3-11 to 0-15 victory over ANTRIM at the Gaelic Grounds.

Paddy Cunningham's four first-half points inspired Antrim to a 0-8 to 0-6 lead at the break, but a John Galvin-driven Limerick roared to victory in the second half despite playing into the wind.

TIPPERARY walloped LONGFORD by 17 points at Semple Stadium to book their place in the next phase.

Michael Quinlivan and Peter Acheson scored the goals in a 2-17 to 0-6 triumph for Peter Creedon's side as they ran out convincing winners over Jack Sheedy's midlanders.

Longford had shocked Derry last time but this display fell well short, with Tipp leading 1-8 to 0-4 at half-time before winning convincingly in the second.

Brian Curran and substitute Stephen Coen bagged the last two scores of the game as SLIGO got over the line in Aughrim on a 0-12 to 0-10 scoreline.

WICKLOW, for whom Seanie Furlong top-scored with four points, were two behind at the break, 0-8 to 0-6.