Free up time to make life more fulfilling
Summer is a great time for enjoyment of life, people and nature. If you want to enjoy more of what you want in life, you need space to do so.
Making space involves letting go of things that are not benefiting you, 'stuff' that takes up time and space without reason or real reward.
This can be physical space, mental space, emotional space or things that just take up your time.
When you want good or better things in your life, there has to be room for them. If you want a better social life but are busy most of the time, it won't work. Space has to be created. If you want a nicer wardrobe of clothes but cannot see what you have already because you have so much, you won't be able to enjoy the great things in there.
Here are 5 things you can do to prepare to make more space for better things in your life:
1. Reflect on what is important to and fulfilling you, what is in your space and how you are spending your time and energy. Is there a match? Are you spending your time focussing on what you want or on stuff that has no contribution to your happiness ? Is your house cluttered with things you don't love or use? If you are too 'busy' like most people, but not fully fulfilled make time and space. Let go of what is no longer serving you.
2. Physical Space - Clear out physical clutter from your home, office and car (and virtually from phone and computer). A good rule of thumb is to keep things you love or that are used and are useful to you. Everything else potentially has a question mark over it. If you have too much stuff, declutter. Everything should have a place and if you really want to make life easy for you, everything should be in its place. This helps with physical space and also gives a sense of space and saves time. When there are too many things it is hard to see and enjoy what you have.
3. Mental Space - We have 50 to 70,000 thoughts a day. For most of us, 90 percent of those thoughts are repetitive and similar to what we thought yesterday. What are yours about? Negative thoughts make us feel stuck and make the world we live in feel small. Positive thoughts give a sense of space and possibilities. Let go of old unfulfilling thought patterns. Focus on what you want rather than on what you don't want.
4. Emotional Space - Let go of old baggage, limiting beliefs, grudges and unhelpful perceptions. Be present and see people as they are when you meet them. Be open to happiness and things working out. Develop an open not a fixed mind-set. People with an open mind-set are happier and more successful.
5. Time - What are you spending your day doing? Keep a log or reflect at the end of the day regarding how you spent your time. Was it doing things that are important to you? Or fire fighting, stressing and having melt downs. Busy in activity or busy in productivity and doing things you enjoy?
The most important commodity any of us have is time. The more time you spend engaged in doing things or with people you enjoy, the happier and more fulfilled you will be.
When you free up space, this also generates more time adding to your progress and sense of self.