independent

Monday 18 June 2018

Accident at take-away

Enniscorthy Fire Service and ambulances attend an incident at Denis’s, Castle Hill
Enniscorthy Fire Service and ambulances attend an incident at Denis’s, Castle Hill

Emergency services rushed to a local chipper last Wednesday evening after a worker got her arm trapped in an industrial mixer in the kitchen, presumably used for making batter. Two ambulances and a fire brigade arrived at Denis Kebab House on Castle Hill shortly after 9 p.m. and set about the task of freeing the woman.

Upon examining the situation, the firemen found the woman's arm was completely trapped up against the side of the mixing bowl and they were left with no option but to use cutting gear to free her. It was a tight squeeze as three firemen and two paramedics worked to free the woman and after a short time, she was able to walk to the ambulance. The woman was then brought to Wexford General Hospital to assess if anything had been broken, but she had already suffered significant bruising as a result of the accident. It is believed, however, that she will make a full recovery.

Enniscorthy Guardian

News