Drogheda Independent

| 12.7°C Dublin

Teenager Keane's murder: Superintendent issues appeal

Killers urged to examine their conscience

Superintendent Andrew Watters has directly appealed to those involved in the murder of Keane Mulready Woods to let the garda know where the remaining parts of his body are.

Speaking on RTE’s Crimecall, he said Keane was a 17 year old child from Drogheda’s southside, who was murdered and dismembered last month.

Some of his body parts were found in two locations in Dublin.

However, gardai are appealing for the remaining parts of his body to be returned to the family so they can bury him.

‘I wish to strongly appeal to anyone with any information, including those directly involved, to examine their conscience and to come forward with any information to doscover the remaining parts of Keane’s body,’ he stated.

He said the family were traumatised by the incident and have not been helped by the body not being fully recovered.

The family had been allocated a liaison officer with works with them each day.

He said any information would be important.

He outlined the facts, stating that Keane was with family and friends on the day of Sunday January 12 in Beechwood Drive, Drogheda. But he was last seen on Dominick’s Bridge later that day.

‘After that is the issue,’ he stated, keen that people, especially in the Ballsgrove and Rathmullen area come forward if they saw anything suspicious that night.

Online Editors