independent

Friday 22 March 2019

€140,000 secured for works on the Obelisk Bridge

€140,000 has been secured for upgrading work on the Obelisk Bridge - but well short of the €500,000 applied for by the council.

The provision was announced last week and councillors asked engineer Mark Johnson how it would be spent.

'We had sought €500,000 so we are limited what we can do. We don't know as yet,' he told Cllr David Saurin.

Cllr Frank Godfrey said that after 40 years it was great to see something being done on the Obelisk. 'It has been sadly neglected,' he said. 'We have been told that it also has an impact on Meath CC but we don't know if any money in coming from them. There is a lot of heavy traffic on it.'

Drogheda Independent

News