WITH the New Year already kicking in, if you feel ready to change your life and get active then Project Weightloss might just be for you.
Programmes are set to commence at nine facilities across County Cork from January 13, offering advice and motivation.
Project Weightloss is targeted at participants who are overweight and with a body mass index over 25.
The programme is run twice a week over 12 weeks and is designed to empower the participant to focus on the areas of their everyday activities which can be changed to bring about improved health and fitness, and as a result, reduce excess weight.
Project Weightloss is an initiative of the Cork Sports Partnership and has been enhanced by the involvement of the Health Promotion Department of the HSE South and Leisureworld Cork.
"People need support to make a change and this programme brings together like minded people who have similar goals and experiences," stated Eithne Hammond, programmes manager with Cork Sports Partnership.
The facilities taking part in the programme and the start dates are:
* Aura Youghal: 15th January at 8pm.
* Ballinacarriga/Lisabealed Community Centre: Monday 13th January at 8pm.
* Coral Cobh: Monday 13th January at 8pm.
* FitFactor, Midleton: 14th January at 8pm.
* Leisureworld Bishopstown: Monday 13th January at 7 and 8pm.
* Leisureworld Churchfield: 14th January at 7pm.
* Mayfield Sports Complex: 14th January at 11am
* Macroom Community Leisure Centre: Monday 13th January at 8pm
* Skibbereen Sports Centre: 14th January at 8pm
To apply for the programme just pick up an application form from any of the above facilities, or download one from www.corksports.ie. You can also contact the Cork Sports Partnership on 021 4665081 if you have any further questions.