Super Six: things to do this week
1. Learn to paint with artist Orla Barry who is leading a six week evening course in acrylics at Bridge Street Studios, starting on Tuesday January 8.
Classes will take place from 7.30pm to 9.30pm each evening. Fee €140 including all materials. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 087 7464730 to book a place.
2. The Super Saturday hangout at An Táin Arts Centre on Saturday from 10am to 3pm is the perfect place to chill with the kids after the madness of Christmas and New Year.
3. Cars and Coffee North East hold their first meeting of 2019 at DkIT on Sunday from 9.30am.
4. Dundalk Musical Society's annual panto, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at An Táin Arts Centre is long sold out so unless you were lucky enough to get tickets as Christmas presents, then you'll have to wait until 2020. With a cast of top local performers and a chorus of over 100 children and teenagers, this is the perfect way to end the festive season.
5. Conal McIntyre and Mark Corcoran play the 3rd Place on Friday night at 7pm as part of a series of gigs to develop new material for a joint 'cassette' only release early in 2019. Free admission.
6. Drogheda band Modern Love pay a visit to The Spirit Store on Friday night when they will be joined by Love Ghost, Coastline Pickup and Hedcase.