THE PUNTER'S PLATFORM PODCAST: 'Clare are great value to beat Tipp' says Jamesie O'Connor
Jamesie O'Connor joins this week's Punter's Platform looking ahead to bets for the hurling quarter-finals, football qualifiers, soccer, horse racing and even darts.
On the panel with Johnny Ward is the Herald's Niall Cronin, the Irish Independent's Dan McDonnell, John Brennan from the Sunday World and Declan Marron from Ladbrokes.
They're looking ahead to two mouth-watering hurling quarter finals between Clare v Tipp and Wexford v Waterford as well the football qualifiers with Cork v Mayo and Galway v Donegal.
Jamesie O'Connor is tipping Clare heavily to come through, as well as Waterford to see off Wexford.
"If there's ever anything in this bunch of Clare players it will come out on Saturday when their backs are against the wall. There's still a performance in Clare. I like our chances."
In the football, the panel reckon Galway -2 in the handicap is worth looking at, while, in soccer, Dan McDonnell says Dundalk in the Cup is good bet to watch out for.
The Punter's Platform Bets of the Week are:
- Niall Cronin is going for Henryville at Market Rasen plus Kildare -3 to beat Armagh
- Declan Marron fancies Thikriyaat in Newbury on Saturday
- John Brennan likes Clare 7-2 to beat Tipp
- Dan McDonnell is going for a Premier League double of Arsenal to qualify for the Champions League and Harry Kane to be top scorer
- And Johnny Ward is tipping Galway to beat Drogheda in the League of Ireland
The Punter's Platform is in association with Ladbrokes and please gamble responsibly.