| 12.6°C Dublin

Trump card

• Can I recommend that any Irish Independent readers who are thinking of travelling to Europe this summer apply now for the free EHIC medical card, a card that covers all injuries and illnesses while outside Ireland.

This card was previously called the E111 but now has the new EHIC title and information on it is available from any Social Welfare Office or via Google.

I had a heart attack last year while on holiday in Malaga and I received the most amazing medical care from the doctors at the University Hospital there -- intensive care costing more than €20,000 -- but a free entitlement for all Irish citizens.

Michael Kelly

Irish Independent