Movie hero. . . Fair play. . . Sign off. . . Wise words
- THE life of Brian (O'Driscoll that is) must soon be made into a movie. Please consider my suggestion that Leonardo Di Caprio play the lead in what would surely be a success. They really do look alike.
I am 81 but I would be proud to carry the water bottles. At no charge.
Dundalk, co louth
- I TUNED in to watch Sunday Sport expecting to see decent highlights of the day's football and hurling matches. Instead, the viewers were treated to five-minute pieces of the Cork v Kilkenny match and the Kerry v Galway match. No other matches. Five minutes is too small to get a real feel of what went on.
Seeing as the Premier League soccer highlights show is 90 minutes long, I feel RTE should improve and lengthen Sunday Sport and give National Leagues the respect they deserve. Gaelic games are our biggest spectator sports.
Daingean, Co Offaly
- AS one drives out of Dublin on the M4, just on the Dublin-Kildare border, there is a big sign that says 'To Galway 191km, to Sligo 191km'. Further on, a sign says 'To Galway 187km, To Sligo 187km'. But just before the toll, there is a sign that says 'To Galway 186km, To Sligo 178km'. So, Sligo has lost 8km!
- HURRAH for the chairman of NAMA! Despite the country being broke he has somehow convinced the Government to give him a 70pc raise.
His talent is sorely needed in the real world of the private sector. Perhaps he could give some seminars showing others how to achieve this?
Naas, Co Kildare
- A FEW words that Cardinal Brady may ponder: 'An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.' Pope John Paul II.