How to keep your head after losing your job
Validate your emotions – accept that you're inevitably angry and upset – but decide that you don't want to stay in this rut
• Don't think of yourself as a loser – job loss is part of life now and lots of people are unemployed, so don't take it personally
• Don't push family and friends away – instead expand your contacts base through social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter
• Change the way you think. Take an empowered approach to your situation and look at this time as a period between your last job and your next job
• Have an action plan for every day that encompasses 'both' of your jobs – looking after yourself in terms of exercise, nutrition, self-esteem and finding a new job – up-skilling, expanding your contacts base etc.
• Accept the given – unemployment – but consider the benefits of your position; more time with the family, a chance to learn new skills etc.
• Re-evaluate your material needs and go over the household accounts.