Dos and don'ts for new dads
• Learn how to plait hair and tie bunches. I'm still a novice but since learning a few manoeuvres my life has been a lot easier.
• Listen to your daughter when she tells you what she wants to wear. You'll never change her mind so go with the flow.
• Make time for just you and your little girl. They love trips away with just their dad for an hour to the café, library etc.
• Use their colouring books to write down numbers when you're on the phone.
• Force them to wear your team's football jerseys, it will inevitably back-fire.
• Make promises you can't keep – little girls don't forget!