What sort of shopper are you?
1. How often do you check your balance when you take cash out? a) Every time I withdraw money, b) When it gets nearer payday, c) Er... never.
2. Do you know how much you spent on groceries last month? a) Down to the last baked bean, b) I have a rough idea, c) Ask Marks & Spencer.
3. Which of these phrases best sums up your attitude to money? a) A penny saved is a penny earned, b) You can't take it with you, c) Champagne lifestyle, lemonade pockets.
4. It's lunchtime at work. Do you: a) Pull out your home-made sandwiches wrapped in foil, b) Buy a €3 meal deal, c) Treat yourself to lunch at Costa with a latte to take out.
5. How do you pay for your purchases? a) Cash or direct debit, only ever spending the money you have, b) Credit card but you pay the balance off in full, c) Credit cards and store cards, paying off the minimum each month.
Mostly A: Sensible saver - you know your way around a budget and are careful with money.
Mostly B: Savvy spender - you've got a pretty good handle on your financial situation. Have a look at your spending to identify where money is leaking out of your bank account.
Mostly C: Super-splurger - you need to think about the future, not just the here and now. If you have debt, you need to concentrate on paying it off.