Is this the world's sexiest bedroom?
A Vietnamese water villa has been voted 'Sexiest bedroom in the World' at the Smith Hotel Awards 2014.... complete with private pool and handcrafted wooden tub.
"It’s one of a kind, utterly seductive and positively aphrodisiacal..."
That's according to boutique hotel website Mr & Mrs Smith, which last night voted Water Villa 5 at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay the world's sexiest bedroom.
The 158sqm oceanside hideaway - which boasts a private pool, hand-crafted wooden tub and ladder into the sea - beat off contenders including Suite 57 at the Viceroy New York, and the Roccia Suite at Bellevue Syrene in Italy (described as ‘like a sexed-up Downton Abbey’) at the second annual Smith Hotel Awards.
And the price? A night in paradise starts from $780/€624.
The awards saw TV presenter Sue Perkins, BBC Radio 1 DJ Gemma Cairney and writer and presenter Mariella Frostrup join Smith co-founders James and Tamara Lohan and hundreds of hoteliers in London.
Intended to celebrate the most remarkable boutique hotels across the world, the Smith Hotel Awards 2014 pitted more than 950 hotels in the Smith collection head to head in 12 specially selected categories.
Other winners included:
- Best Smith Hotel 2014: Uxua Casa Hotel & Spa Bahia, Brazil
- Best-Dressed Hotel: Riad El Fenn, Morocco
- Hottest Hotel Bar: The NoMad Hotel, US
- Best Hotel Restaurant: Hartnett, Holder & Co at Lime Wood, UK
- Best Spa Hotel: House Spa at Dormy House, Cotswolds
- Best for Families: Emirates Wolgan Valley, Australia
- Best Budget Hotel: 1888 Hotel, Sydney, Australia
- Best Hotel Pool: Monastero Santa Rosa, Italy
- Best Newcomer: Ham Yard Hotel, London
Founded in 2003, Mr & Mrs Smith (www.mrandmrssmith.com) maintains a hand-picked and anonymously reviewed collection of hotels, and has published several coffee table books.
"Choosing from such incredible hotels is a tough job..." said James Lohan.
"I think we’ve arrived at the ultimate hot list."