World's sexiest bedroom revealed - but how much does it cost to stay?
Love is in the air
Love is in the air at this Thai rainforest canopy suite, judged the 'World's Sexiest Bedroom' ahead of Valentine's Day.
The Bird's Nest Villa at Keemla Resort in Phuket was described as "heaven" in the UK's annual Mr & Mrs Smith Hotel Awards.
"There are no hard and fast rules for creating the perfect boudoir," according to the boutique hotel collection. But the world's sexiest bedroom should "pull out all the stops to light your fire... it has to delight, excite and surprise."
We'll second that. Keemla's pool villas are loosely based on ancient tribe dwellings, and set just a short drive from Patong beach. Feeling giddy yet?
The Bird's Nest editions are the cherry on the cake, boasting woven wood walls and floor-to-ceiling glass overlooking the rainforest, mountains and sea, with four-poster beds, alfresco tubs and of course, your own private pool.
And the price? Rates start from €496 per night going to press.
The Mr & Mrs Smith Hotel Awards celebrate "stylish places to stay" all over the world with members voting on their favourites over 12 categories. The winners are selected by a panel of "tastemakers, specialists and industry insiders".
Smith Hotels' Top 10 Sexiest Bedrooms are as follows:
- Bird's Nest Villas, Keemla, Thailand
- Atelier Room, NoMad Hotel, New York
- Marrangga Villa, Nihiwatu, Sumba, Indonesia
- The Love Room, Areias do Seixo, Torres Vedras, Portugal
- Val D'Orcia, Monteverdi, Tuscany, Italy
- Maharani Suite, La Residence, Winelands, South Africa
- Junior Suites, Jardins Secrets, Languedoc-Rousillon, France
- Room 19, El Fenn, Marrakech, Morocco
- Casa de Arvore, Uxua Casa Hotel & Spa, Bahia, Brazil
- Room One, Coqui Coqui Coba Residence & SPa, Mexico
Halcyon House in Cabarita Beach, Australia, was voted the overall Best Hotel for 2016 in the only category voted for by the public.