TripAdvisor reveals its Top 10 Irish beaches for 2018
Travellers' Choice Awards
TripAdvisor has published its annual round-up of Ireland's best beaches, a list dominated this year by the Wild Atlantic Way.
Inch Beach on the Dingle Peninsula takes the top spot for 2018, followed by a previous winner - Inchydoney strand near Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
TripAdvisor's Top 10 beaches in Ireland
- Inch Beach, Inch, Co. Kerry
- Inchydoney Beach, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
- Dog's Bay Beach, Roundstone, Co. Galway
- Barleycove Beach, Schull, Co. Cork
- Coumeenoole Beach, Dingle, Co. Kerry
- Maghera Beach and Caves, Ardara, Co. Donegal
- Silver Strand Beach, Malin Beg, Co. Donegal
- Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Co. Kerry
- Strandhill Beach, Strandhill, Co. Sligo
- Banna Strand, Tralee, Co. Kerry
TripAdvisor's Travellers’ Choice awards are determined based on traveller reviews gathered over a 12-month period, the review and booking giant says.
Inch Beach also ranks as the 22nd best in Europe, with Inchydoney 24th - a list topped by the stunning La Concha beach in San Sebastian, Spain (below).
“Year after year Ireland’s beaches continue to beat many others located in exotic destinations around the globe, proving that it’s not just good weather that makes a cracking beach,” commented Hayley Coleman, TripAdvisor spokesperson.
And the world's best beach? That'll be the seven-mile-long Grace Bay in Providenciales, the main island of Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean.
TripAdvisor's Top 10 beaches
- Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Baia do Sancho, Frenando de Noronha, Brazil
- Varadero Beach, Varadero, Cuba
- Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Saeven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
- La Concha, San Sebastian, Spain
- Clearwater beach, Florida, US
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
- Bavaro Beach, Bavaro, Dominican Republic
- Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
The full list of 2018 winners is on tripadvisor.ie/TravellersChoice-Beaches.
Read more:Ireland's Top 10 secret beaches