Ryanair sale slashes 20pc off one million seats - with a deadline
Irish airline's average fares are falling, but optional extras continue to rise
Ryanair has launched a 'Summer Sizzlers' seat sale with up to 20pc off one million seats on its network, it says.
The sale fares can be booked online up to midnight on Friday, June 8, and are available for travel between June and September.
As we publish, flights from Ireland to the UK are available from €9.98 each way on sale, while cities like Copenhagen and Vienna are priced from €19.98, and sun destinations like Malaga and Athens start from €41.61.
The cheapest flights available are from Shannon to Liverpool on a new route for 2018, with fares from just €7.98 each-way.
The sale comes as Ryanair's average fare continues to fall, having dipped 3pc to €39.40 in the past year, according to its latest results.
However, Ryanair's optional extras are also rising in price. Several tweaks to its charges and T&Cs in recent months include:
- Raising the standard Priority Boarding fee from €5 per flight to as high as €7 depending on the route / time of booking
- Cutting its free check-in window to 48 hours
- Doubling the price of standard seat selection from €2 to €4
- Raising the lead-in cost of extra legroom seats from €11 to €15 per flight, and front seats (Rows 2-5) to €13.01
- Changing Priority Boarding to a standalone product no longer included when passengers pay to reserve certain seats
“Like all businesses, our optional fees can change, unlike our fares which keep coming down," the airline has said.