Revealed: TripAdvisor's Top 10 hotels for 2016
Travellers' Choice Awards
India's Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodphur has been named as TripAdvisor's top hotel for 2016.
Average rates at the top hotel on the 2016 Travellers’ Choice awards start from £510/€665 per night, the travel site says.
TripAdvisor's Top 10 Hotels for 2016:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, India
- Shinta Mani Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Bellevue Syrene, Sorrento, Italy
- Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Achtis Hotel – Afitos, Greece
- Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, UK
- Mirihi Island Resort, Mirihi, Maldives
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, Aruba
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa, Grenada
- Hotel Ritta Höppner, Gramado, Brazil
Now in their 14th year, TripAdvisor says its awards take into account the quality and quantity of traveller reviews and opinions specific to each award category, with millions of opinions collected over the past 12 months.
In addition to serving as a hotel and museum, Rajasthan's Umaid Bhawan Palace is also the main residence of the Jodhpur royal family.
Built between 1928 and 1943, the building is one of the largest private residences in the world, boasting 64 suites and rooms in Art Deco style.
You don't have to spend a fortune to stay at a Top 10 hotel, however. Rates at the Hanoi La Siesta start from €90, TripAdvisor says.
Harvey's Point was named TripAdvisor's top Irish Hotel in the awards.
See the complete list of winners here.
NB. Book the best deals for these hotels on Independent Hotels.