Getting away? TripAdvisor reveals its Top 10 small hotels in Ireland
Travellers' Choice Awards 2018
Less is more when it comes to TripAdvisor's latest awards - a ranking of the Top 10 small hotels in Ireland for 2018.
Topping the tiny list is Ballyfin Demesne in Co. Laois - no stranger to accolades, having recently been named the world's No.1 hotel by Condé Nast Traveler.
The five-star Regency mansion, which reopens February 9th after a winter shutdown, offers B&B from €640 per room midweek or €780 at weekends.
Prices are a little more manageable in the rest of the rankings, however, which are dominated by Kerry (and Dingle in particular) - with no less than six inclusions.
Second spot goes to last year's winner, Castlewood House (above), where B&B rates range from €96 to €148 per room in a classic double, depending on the season.
TripAdvisor's Top 10 Small Irish hotels 2018
- Ballyfin Demesne, Co. Laois
- Castlewood House, Dingle, Co. Kerry
- Greenmount house, Dingle, Co. Kerry
- Lough Lein Country House, Fossa, Co. Kerry
- Heaton's Guesthouse, Dingle, Co. Kerry
- Bellingham Castle, Castlebellingham, Co. Louth
- Ballyliffin TownHouse, Ballyliffin, Co. Donegal
- Currarevagh House, Oughterard, Co. Galway
- Brook Lane Hotel, Kenmare, Co. Kerry
- The Ross, Killarney, Co. Kerry
The Travellers' Choice Awards, now in their 16th year, are determined based on "millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travellers worldwide," the online travel giant says.
The Killarney Park topped the list of Ireland's best hotels, whilst the seven-bedroom Hotel Mume in Kyoto, Japan, was named the world's best small hotel.
The overall winner of this year's awards is Viroth's Hotel in Siem Reap, Cambodia, while the Killarney Park also ranks fifth on TripAdvisor's list of Europe's top hotels.
Read more:Ireland's Top 10 family-friendly hotels - as chosen by you!