A step too far? Venice is considering a ‘sitting ban’ in public spaces
The mayor of Venice has suggested banning people from sitting down in undesignated parts of the city as part of an ongoing campaign to control tourist behaviour.
- The Italian Bucket List: 25 things to do in Italy before you die!
- A Timeline of Overtourism: Key moments in the global battle between locals and travellers
- Why tourist boards are telling you to ditch the 'bucket list' and change the way you travel
- 'Locals are increasingly fed up' - Is overtourism turning Lisbon into the next Venice?
- 20 greatest destinations in Italy – and the best time to visit each one