Spain was once again the most popular travel destination in 2014, with 66pc of agents reporting it was their most popular.
* For value for money in 2014, Spain again came out on top, receiving 41pc of the vote.
* Portugal and Turkey tied for second place, with 18pc of the votes each.
* Looking to 2015, 55pc of ITAA (the travel trade body) members expect Spain to be its most popular destination of the year. Agents also anticipate that Portugal will remain popular.
* There were almost 1.3 million visitors from Ireland to Spain in 2014 (1.2 million in 2013).
* Dublin Airport saw a rise of 7pc in passenger numbers to the end of November, 2014.
* 21.2 million in all travelled through the airport in 2014.
* Trips abroad from the whole country up 6.9pc at end of November 2014.
* Overseas visitors to Ireland were up by more than 8pc on the same period.