Surprise Dublin district named one of Airbnb's top neighbourhoods for 2017
The Sharing Economy
Could Áras an Uachtaráin end up on Airbnb? The home sharing website certainly has the hots for Dublin's Phoenix Park.
Admittedly, President Higgins and his wife Sabina are unlikely to be hosting Airbnb-ers anytime soon, but their corner of the capital certainly is.
The Phoenix Park is one of 17 "neighbourhoods" tipped by Airbnb to watch in 2017 - up there alongside Fitzroy in Melbourne and Miami's Midtown.
The 17 global neighbourhoods are Airbnb's fastest-growing, it says - an eclectic mix of emerging local hotspots that have been compiled based on the travel patterns of more than 140 million guest arrivals at three million homes.
- Milneburg, New Orleans - 1500pc growth
- Kampung Bayu, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - +976pc
- Fitzroy in Melbourne, Australia - +770pc
- Konohana-ku in Osaka, Japan - +609pc
- Chutes-Lavie in Marseille, France - +604pc
- Rockcliffe Smythe in Toronto, Canada + 497pc
- Midtown in Miami, Florida - +430pc
- Narvarte in Mexico City, Mexico - +264pc
- West Seattle in Seattle, Washington - +230pc
- Usera in Madrid, Spain - +228pc
- Din Daeng/Huai Khwang in Bangkok, Thailand - +218pc
- Chippendale in Sydney, Australia - +204pc
- Daehangno in Seoul, South Korea - +203pc
- Lyndale in Minneapolis, Minnesota - +193pc
- Phoenix Park in Dublin, Ireland - +180pc
- Chacarita in Buenos Aires, Argentina - +172pc
- Žižkov in Prague, Czech Republic - +103pc
The 17 neighbourhoods share certain themes, Airbnb says - most notably being urban but laid-back and full of green spaces (Phoenix Park is described as "a district brimming with gardens and wildlife close to Dublin, Ireland’s capital").
Airbnb recently launched 'Airbnb Trips', branching out from accommodation to provide a new wave of "immersive" travel experiences to guests.
Hosts in Dublin have been invited to submit experiences for listings.
Read more:Dublin has a new 'district', but will it finally draw people north? The Dublin Bucket List: 30 things to do in the city before you die