Where do you love to travel? We asked you to share your go-to getaways, and boy, did you deliver. After thousands of entries, countless tips and hours of judging, we’re delighted to unveil the winners of the 2017 Reader Travel Awards, our first ever reader-driven travel prizes.
See the full results below, and click on the stories to read what you said about each winner, and what makes them so special!
Did you win one of our nine amazing travel prizes? Click here to see!
Ireland's Top Tourist Attraction: The Cliffs of Moher
What's your favourite big hit, hidden gem, coastal attraction or city museum? Our readers have voted!
Ireland's Favourite Airline: Aer Lingus
Short-haul, long-haul, frills, no-frills — airlines can impress in any number of ways, and here's your fave!
Ireland's Favourite Holiday Destination (overseas): Spain
We asked our readers to nominate their favourite overseas holiday destination... and here's the result.
Best Travel Agent or Tour Operator: Trailfinders
From the high street to online, here's who you think is the best travel agent or tour operator in Ireland...
Best Irish Adventure: Sea Kayaking
You let the world know about your favourite Irish adventure... here it is!
Best Breakfast in Ireland: Castlewood House, Dingle, Co. Kerry
An amazing breakfast is essential to a great stay. This slap-up feast got our readers' vote.
Ireland's Favourite Place to Stay: The Cliff House, Ardmore, Co. Waterford
Our readers have spoken. Today, we reveal Ireland's favourite place to stay for 2017!
Ireland's Favourite Cruise Lin: Royal Caribbean
Cruise holidays are more popular than ever for Irish people… and here's your favourite cruise line for 2017!
Ireland's Favourite Spa: Monart, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
We asked our readers to reveal their favourite spa in Ireland. The result is in, and baby, it’s pampering time…
Ireland's Hidden Gem: Donegal
It’s time to tell the world about your favourite, little-known off-the-beaten-track Irish attraction. Here's your vote...
Best Irish Breakfast: How I make Ireland's favourite morning meal
Dingle's Castlewood House won our readers' 'Best Irish Breakfast' award. Brian Heaton...
Local Heroes: How local food is fuelling Ireland's tourism boom
Local Irish food and drink are fuelling the tourism appetite like never before, writes John McKenna.
• A four-night family trip, for two adults and two children, to Portugal. Staying at Martinhal Quinta with flights included.
WINNER: Fiona Maye, Co. Mayo.
•Three nights of Cliff Luxury – Coastal, City and Country. Take an overnight and dinner in each of the 3 Cliff locations – Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Cliff Townhouse, Dublin and the newest member – Cliff at Lyons, Co. Kildare.
WINNER: Adrian Boylan, Co. Wicklow.
• A spring break at the multi award-winning Kelly’s Resort, Rosslare with two nights accommodation, breakfast daily, dinner at Beaches Restaurant on one evening and a one-hour spa treatment for two at SeaSpa.
WINNER: Margaret McGill, Co. Donegal.
• A €500 voucher for travel site Clickandgo.com.
WINNER: Eileen Ryan, Co. Tipperary.
• A two-night stay, with dinner on one night, for two people sharing at Dunbrody House, Co. Wexford, thanks to Ireland’s Blue Book.
WINNER: Christopher Ormonde, Co. Wexford.
• A VIP trip for two to the 2016 Shannon Airport Christmas Racing Festival, with overnight B&B and spa treatments in the 4* Woodlands Hotel, Adare, and hotel transfers to Limerick Racecourse for a mulled wine reception, four-course silver service meal, celebrity tipster, evening finger food, and live music after racing.
WINNER: Aoibhin O'Malley, Dublin.
• A romantic two-night stay at the restored 19th century Salterbridge Gatelodge in Waterford.
WINNER: Valerie Purcell, Co. Tipperary.
• A two-night city break at the award-winning Limerick Strand Hotel, with breakfast daily and dinner in the River Restaurant on an evening of choice.
WINNER: Catherine Livesey, Co. Dublin.
• A Samsung tablet and digital subscription to the Irish Independent for one year.
WINNER: Shannon Maher, Co. Kilkenny.