Where do you love to travel? What are your go-to getaways and tell-a-friend tips? Wanna win a bucket list travel prize? Welcome to the Weekend Magazine and Independent.ie Reader Travel Awards 2018... nominations are now open.
Our categories are below, and we're now inviting you to vote on your favourite travel experiences. What's more, every reader who completes the online voting form will go into our bumper prize draw. It could be you... so let's go!
Simply enter your nominations, together with any comments under each category, followed by your name and email address, and hit ‘Finish Survey’ to send. That’s it. Entries are open to readers in Ireland and overseas, and all will be entered into a draw to win several mouth-watering prizes.
WHAT’S THE ENTRY PERIOD?
We’re taking entries up to midnight on November 26. After that, the top nominees in each category will be tallied and our expert judging panel will choose the final winners from your shortlist.
WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
The final list of category winners and runners-up will be published simultaneously on Independent.ie and in Weekend Magazine on Saturday, January 20.
I’M IN THE TOURISM BUSINESS ... HOW CAN I GET NOMINATED?
You can nominate your own business, as well as asking your customers, family and friends to nominate you (they must, however, fill out all categories). Just bear in mind that multiple entries from individual IP addresses look like spam and ballot-stuffing. The judges are monitoring!
What does it take to win a Reader Travel Award? See last year's winners here!
• A LUXURY STAY IN LISBON
A three-night city break for two adults and two children, staying at Martinhal Chiado, the world’s first city centre elegant family hotel.
• ESCAPE TO ICELAND!
A trip for two to Iceland with WOW air including return flights and a two-night stay at the Radisson Blu Saga Hotel in Reykjavík.
• 3 NIGHTS OF CLIFF LUXURY - COASTAL, CITY & COUNTRY
Enjoy dinner and an overnight stay in each luxury CLIFF location - Cliff House Hotel, Waterford, Cliff at Lyons, Kildare and Cliff Townhouse, Dublin.
• 5-STAR CITY BREAK
A luxury city break for two, including return flights with Click&Go. Choose between Rome or Lisbon for travel in January or February 2018.
• SÓ HOTELS SPECIAL
A two-night stay, with B&B and dinner on one evening for two people sharing in any of the luxurious Só Hotels. Choose from Castletroy Park Hotel Limerick, Lough Rea Hotel & Spa Co. Galway, Charleville Park Hotel Co. Cork or the Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise.
• PERFECTION IN PRAGUE
A two-night B&B stay in Prague with return flights thanks to Jurys Inn.
• BLUE BOOK BRILLIANCE
A two-night stay, with one dinner, for two people sharing at the Wineport Lodge, Co Westmeath, thanks to Ireland’s Blue Book.
By voting you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Please ensure to read the Prize Specific Terms and Conditions for availability and dates to ensure they are convenient before entering.
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions
A LUXURY STAY IN LISBON
The prize includes a 3 night city break in World’s first City Centre Elegant Family Hotel, Martinhal Chiado for 2 adults and 2 children including breakfast. The prize offer is valid until May 31st 2018 (excluding Easter period). The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The prize is offered subject to availability. The winner must liaise with Martinhal Reservations to arrange suitable dates. Flights and transfers are not included.
ESCAPE TO ICELAND COURTESY OF WOW AIR
Blackout dates for the airline and hotel are the following: 20.11.17-27.11.17, 15.12.17-10.01.18, 23.03.18-09.04.18, 10.06.18-31.08.18. Valid for one year and based on availability.
3 NIGHTS OF CLIFF LUXURY - COASTAL, CITY & COUNTRY
Subject to availability. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
5-STAR CITY BREAK COURTESY OF CLICK & GO
• Winner to give Click&Go 3 preferred dates for travel
• Travel period January and February 2018
• Choice of hotel by Click&Go but it will be one of the hotels featured on ClickandGo.com
• No spending money, no cash in lieu, non-transferable
• Transfers are not included in the city break prize
SÓ HOTELS SPECIAL
Subject to availability. In some cases supplements may apply. Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Winning entrant can choose from one of the four Só Hotels; Castletroy Park Hotel Limerick, Charleville Park Hotel Co.Cork, Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise or Lough Rea Hotel & Spa Co.Galway.
PERFECTION IN PRAGUE
Prize includes return flights from Dublin to Prague and two nights B&B for two adults sharing at Jurys Inn Prague. The prize is valid for nine months, is non-transferable, subject to availability and there is no cash alternative available. Blackout dates apply. The winner must be over 18 and hold a valid passport.
BLUE BOOK BRILLIANCE
Subject to Availability. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
General Terms and Conditions
2. The promoters are Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM will provide the prize to the winner.
3. The competition is the Reader Travel Awards online voting competition.
4. Enter by voting online at independent.ie/travelawards
5. The competition opens on 20th October and closes on 26th November at midnight.
6. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
7. Promotion is open to anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner .
8. Employees and agents of INM or any company connected with the promotion or any of INM’s associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their immediate family members. For these purposes an "immediate family member" includes a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
9. Each entrant can enter an email address once only .
10. Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
11. The competition winning entry will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner (s) will be contacted by email, telephone or post.
12. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
13. Failure to claim a prize within 7 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
14. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
15. Winners will be notified within 20 days of the relevant closing date and names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
16. INM will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 14 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
17. Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
18. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
19. The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
20. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold. All prizes, including holiday dates, are subject to availability . If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
21. INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
22. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
23. Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required .
24. All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
25. INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
26. All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the online form.
27. INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
28. INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.