Aer Lingus is hiring cabin crew - here's what you need to apply
Spread your wings
Fancy a high-flying career in the skies? Aer Lingus is the latest airline to launch a recruitment drive in Ireland.
Want a job where no two days are the same?
Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills? Are you a whizz at customer service... and of course, personal grooming?
You're in luck. Aer Lingus is recruiting to fill new cabin crew positions for its Dublin base in Summer 2017, with applicants invited to apply online.
No previous cabin crew experience is strictly required, but applicants do need to fulfill several essential criteria. They should:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live and work in the Republic of Ireland
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Hold a valid EEA passport
- Have 12 months experience in customer service/sales roles
- Have no tattoos/visible piercings that are visible in uniform
- Be flexible to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends etc.
A second European language is listed as a desirable criteria, as is previous cabin crew experience and an EASA Attestation of Initial Safety Training.
Additional requirements for candidates include:
- A verifiable five-year background check
- Details of three contactable referees
- Between 5‘2"- 6‘2" in height, with weight-height in proportion
- Ability to reach up to 6‘3"
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (at least four hours)
- Ability to lift objects up to 18kgs and pull a beverage cart of 100kgs
- Ability to swim 25m unaided and tread water for at least one minute
- Complete a medical questionnaire and medical examination
- Visual acuity of 6/9 (aided or unaided)
Successful candidates will attend a five-week, pre-selection cabin crew training course at Aer Lingus’s Training Academy in Dublin Airport.
Aer Lingus cabin crew can earn a potential €1,700 to €1,900 per month in take home pay, based on the average summer season, the airline says.
While Ryanair's recruitment partners charge for training, however, Aer Lingus pays its trainees a training salary, "so you can earn as you train".
Qualified cabin crew can fly to over 100 destinations. The closing date for applications (careers.aerlingus.com) is October 21.