The dealership is a family-owned company established in 1929 by the five Flack brothers. Flacks are the main Peugeot dealers in Monaghan and Noelle has been running the dealership since the death of her father in 2001.
• what's your own background?
After finishing college I went to work in the advertising department of the 'Examiner' newspaper in its Dublin office.
I then came back to Monaghan and worked in the purchasing department of Moffett Engineering. In 1997 my father asked me to come and work in the family business and the rest is history. Dad started work here when he was just 13 years old and worked his way up to running the business.
• did you always expect to join the family business?
No. I had never thought of working in the garage, but I am very glad I decided to do so. I am enormously proud of my motor industry heritage.
• what do you most like about your job?
Building relationships with people. It's not just about closing that sale -- there's so much more to it than that. It is about building a trust with that one customer and their family for many years to come.
• what's the most difficult part of your job?
Dealing with customers' needs in the current climate and trying to find a vehicle to suit their budget.
• are you a car person?
Yes, definitely -- it's in my blood.
• if you could work in another industry, what would it be?
I think that once you begin in the motor industry, you will never leave it.
• if you had a limitless budget, what car would you buy?
I would love a new RCZ for me alone to enjoy! Of course, having a family means my Peugeot 508 is my current trusty steed.
• what are the two most commonly asked questions when people are buying a new car?
The fuel efficiency of the car in question and its tax band.
• what was your best deal or sales experience?
Selling seven cars to the one family in the same deal.
• what was your worst experience?
I am pleased to say I don't have a "worst experience". Nothing comes easy any more -- but it is even more rewarding when you close that sale!