Families thinking of a staycation should apply five simple checks on their car before setting off, especially if it has been parked up over the lockdown.
According to Continental Tyres Ireland these are essential for a trouble-free holiday:
* Give the car's interior a good clean;
* Thoroughly check the tyres (studies show the highest number of tyre-related incidents occur during the summer months);
* Take a close look at the windscreen wipers. It will rain. This is Ireland;
* See and be seen - check the car's lights;
* Is your car in need of a service? Occasionally checking the oil is not enough to keep it in good health.
* FIRST saloon and estate versions of the revised Mercedes E-Class have arrived - with two plug-in hybrid versions as well as petrols and diesels. A Mercedes-AMG 53 4Matic and AMG 63 4Matic version are among the new models. There is an all-terrain option too while coupés and cabriolets will follow.
There is a new front and inside the latest-generation MBUX and Hey Mercedes multimedia and voice-activated assistance systems.
Petrols comprise a 4cyl, 1991cc E200/4Matic (197hp) and E300 (258hp) as well as a 2,999cc E450 4Matic (367bhp) and AMG E53 4Matic+ (435hp).
Diesels include a 1,597cc, 160hp E200d, a 1950cc, 194hp E220d and E220d 4Matic and a 2939cc, 330hp E400d 4Matic.
Plug-ins include a 1991cc, 211hp E300e petrol (a 4Matic is due later) and 1,950cc, 194hp E300de and E 300de 4MATIC diesels.
Prices are from €52,910 (E200 petrol), €53,105 (E200 diesel). Plug-ins from €65,615 (E300 petrol) and €67,740 (E300de diesel).