Sat nav danger; 508 arrives; powerful new MINI electric this year; help us help you
Shortcuts with Eddie...
SAT navs might get you there but they could also put you at risk on your journey, it is claimed this week.
Placing large devices - such as sat navs - on critical areas of your windscreen can dramatically reduce visibility and pose a 'significant threat to road safety', according to breakdown organisation GEM Motoring Assist.
They make a good point, I think.
They say devices positioned in the middle of a windscreen "mean a potentially lethal reduction in driver visibility, especially on left hand bends and at junctions".
Now they mention it, I realise how good a case they are making. We need all the visibility we can get on today's roads.
So be careful where you put the device.
* Peugeot tell me their stunning new 508 is here ahead of anticipated arrival date. Now that's good news for a car that has drawn so much praise for its design.
* Reports suggest that MINI's new electric car will also be a motoring-first electric hot hatch. Instead of being completely focused on economy, engineers are setting a lot of store on developing the EV with performance in mind.
Which helps explain why the car will be badged 'Cooper S E' to proclaim its performance when it is unveiled later this year.
As previously reported the car will be based on the MINI 3dr hatchback.
* It's a little late, but happy new year nonetheless. And it's a good time to remind you . . .
We love getting your enquiries and try to reply to as many as possible here or via email. The ones dealt with often represent a cross section of individual questions.
You can help us help you with our free, independent, advice by including the following in your queries:
* Budget (including trade-in).
* Annual mileage (in kms).
* Size of car required (number of seats).
* Present car (make, model, year and mileage) if relevant.