New Honda Civic to start from €23,750 as it majors on petrols
Honda's new Civic, which gets here in early March, will cost from €23,750 ex-works, it can be revealed.
The new tenth-generation, pictured, is a much bigger car, especially inside, and will have two new petrol engines.
The 'Earths Dreams Technology' powerplants are the 127bhp 1-litre i-VTEC turbo and the 180bhp 1.5 i-VTEC turbo.
Another big pitch from the automaker is the fact that their 'Sensing' safety package will be standard.
* Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): allows you to set a speed and distance from the vehicle in front. Also i-ACC which senses and automatically reacts to vehicles 'cutting-in' on multi-lane highways.
* Collision Mitigation Braking system: this stops the car if it senses a front-end crash is unavoidable.
* Lane Departure Warning: self explanatory.
* Road Departure Mitigation: can detect if the car is veering off the road and uses the electric power steering to correct it.
* Lane Keeping Assist System: keeps the car in the middle of the current lane.
* Intelligent Speed Assistance: automatically adjusts speed to that indicated by the last road sign.