LAST week we brought in the first system to punish drivers who break red lights with three penalty points and a €120 fine.
As part of a comment piece for the Irish Independent I said I could, off the top of my head, give the minister a list of another dozen junctions in Greater Dublin alone where his potentially life-saving initiative could be repeated to real effect.
Since then I have had numerous emails etc asking me to name them.
Delighted. Here they are. Let me know of those you would name and shame - anywhere in the country.
* White's Cross junction of Leopardstown Road and Bray Road/Stillorgan dual carriageway
* The Dublin Airport roundabout
* Donnybrook Church junction
* Burgh Quay
* Leeson St Bridge
* Capel St junction with the quays
* Howth Road junction with Brookwood Avenue
* Roads leading onto Con Colbert Road.
* Outside Lidl in Bray
* Artane Roundabout
* Parnell Street
I could go on. But I'd rather hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
THE RSA has repeatedly warned drivers and operators of buses and trucks about the dangers and risks of using devices to manipulate and interfere with the tachograph. This is the device that records the number of hours a driver has been on the road.