Uber focus; icy lessons; and a Lego 'un-picker'
The death of a woman pedestrian involving a self-driving Uber taxi in the US this week was a terrible tragedy. Regardless of how and why it t happened, it raises all sorts of questions about autonomous cars. We have a long way to go.
* Driving in Siberia last week brought me to an obvious conclusion. Here, we need to improve our ability to drive in slippery conditions. I know winter tyres can make a difference, but our basic training to cope with cold snaps needs a lift.
* Among the uses of Life HaX, a traditional penknife for parents made by Vauxhall Motors/Opel to coincide with the launch of the Grandland X crossover, are a Lego un-picker (I kid you not).
* Two sports cars jointly developed by BMW and Toyota are to be built by contract manufacturer Magna Steyr, it is reported.
* Toyota showed off its GR Supra Racing Concept coupe at Geneva. Reviving the Supra badge, it goes on sale next year.
* BMW will have its roadster, based on the new Z4 concept, by summer.