Indy Power: The only chocolate muffins you'll ever need - and a great way to use up Easter chocolate
Double-chocolate nut butter muffins
These are the only chocolate muffins you'll ever need, and a great way to use up any extra Easter chocolate.
Makes 8. Gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan
225g gluten-free oats
25g cacao powder
130g coconut sugar
½ tsp gluten-free baking soda
225ml nut milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
125ml coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
120g dark vegan chocolate
75g nut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Add the oats to your food processor and blend until fine. Add the oat flour to a large bowl with the cacao powder, coconut sugar and baking soda and mix.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the nut milk and the apple cider vinegar. Then pour it into the dry ingredients and mix.
3. Pour in the melted coconut oil and then the vanilla, and mix really well until smooth.
4. Chop about 75g of the chocolate into chunks and then mix them into the batter.
5. Line a muffin tray with cases. Fill each one up to the top with the batter and bake for about 18 minutes until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
6. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for about 8 minutes until golden. Melt the rest of the chocolate.
7. When they're cool, dollop a teaspoon of runny nut butter on to the top of each muffin. Decorate them with the melted chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.