Staying in this weekend? Saturday night is the most dangerous time to be at home study reveals
Those planning a quiet weekend in might want to rethink as new research has shown that Saturday night is actually the most dangerous time to be at home.
More household accidents occur on Saturdays than on any other evening during the week and 6.30pm has been revealed as the most risky time to be inside.
Naturally the kitchen was deemed the most dangerous room in the house and a large majority of household accidents occur in here.
The research conducted by Electrical Safety First found that one third (33pc) of people have burnt themselves on an electrical item and 10pc have experienced a fire in their home.
Read more: Top tips to prevent fires in your home
More than half of people (55pc) have been injured while cooking and house hold injuries such a hair straightener burns to more pressing accidents such as gas leaks, burst pipes and fires are more likely to happen on a Saturday.
Students were found to be the most at risk group, while mothers were more likely be injured from an electrical shock.
Men were found to be the most likely group to find themselves in a kitchen fire.
Emma Apter, Head of Communications as Electrical Safety First said: “Actions such as removing batteries from smoke alarms, blocking microwave vents and absent minded DIYing can lead to injury or worse.”