With its long views east over Dunmore Bay towards Waterford Harbour, it's not surprising that Tír na nÓg in Dunmore East has been run as a guesthouse. It's the old-fashioned kind, in which not everyone expects an en-suite bathroom but everyone does expect a little pleasant conversation.
It was built about 1860, according to the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, which describes it as "an attractive and prominent feature in the streetscape of Dock Road".
It's not a protected structure, however, and has been extended more than once in its time. The result is that it now stands at a fairly massive 3,466 sq ft on three main floors plus a first-floor return.
In keeping with its provenance, much of that square footage is given over to bedrooms, of which there are 10 in all. Two of these are on the top floor and have sea views and cast-iron fireplaces and although they don't have en-suites they do have sinks, and there's a shower room off the landing.
Downstairs on the first floor there are another three bedrooms, all en-suite this time, as well as a reception room (breakfast room for guests) with sea views and a cast-iron fireplace.
The first-floor return has another bedroom and guest toilet, and the remaining two bedrooms (both en-suite) are on the ground floor, one with French doors to the garden.
The ground floor also has two formal reception rooms - sitting room and a dining room, each with a bay window and a fireplace, two kitchens, a playroom and a study. There's also a two-bedroom guest chalet on the grounds.
Tír na nÓg is across the street from the old Fisherman's Hall, now the Dunmore East public library, and five minutes' walk from the harbour.
It's for sale for €730,000 with Palmer Auctioneers, (051) 872 061.