Children can be tormented by bullies in the classroom, in the street or on the internet these days.
But there is no need to suffer in silence.
Sound advice includes:
* stay away from anyone involved in bullying;
* stay in a group of friends when you don't feel safe;
* walk home with someone or get a lift;
* ask your friends to look out for you;
* try not to fight back, as you could get into trouble or get hurt;
* don't reply to an abusive message. Keep a record and save any nasty messages you've received. Block the bully from contacting you or unfriend them on social media. Ask your school about its anti-bullying policy to find out what they should do about bullying.
Check out www.childline.ie.
Health & Living