Top tips to keep bullies at bay
Children can be tormented by bullies in the classroom, in the street or on the internet these days.
But there is no need to suffer in silence.
Sound advice includes:
* stay away from anyone involved in bullying;
* stay in a group of friends when you don't feel safe;
* walk home with someone or get a lift;
* ask your friends to look out for you;
* try not to fight back, as you could get into trouble or get hurt;
* don't reply to an abusive message. Keep a record and save any nasty messages you've received. Block the bully from contacting you or unfriend them on social media. Ask your school about its anti-bullying policy to find out what they should do about bullying.
Check out www.childline.ie.
Health & Living