Strawberry and Maple Syrup Pancakes
100g strawberries, hulled and quartered (reserve a few for garnish)
4 free range eggs, separated
2 tbsp coconut sugar
25g unsalted butter
Maple syrup to serve
1. Preheat a small ovenproof frying pan in the oven to 180C.
2. Place the egg whites into a large bowl and whisk until stiff.
3. Place the egg yolks and coconut sugar into a separate bowl and whisk until frothy. Add strawberries.
4. Pour the egg whites into the yolk mixture and fold together gently.
5. Remove the frying pan from the oven and place the butter into the pan to melt. Do not allow the butter to burn. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, ensuring the melted butter covers the bottom of the pan.
6. Transfer to the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until set.
7. To serve, remove the pan from the oven and slide the large pancakes onto a chopping board. Cut the pancakes using a circular pastry cutter. Layer up the smaller pancakes dusting each layer with cinnamon.
8. Finally, drizzle with maple syrup and serve with some fresh strawberries.
Health & Living