Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) can leave us with aches, pains, cramps and stiffness from doing the same activity repeatedly.
People working on computers or doing repetitive manual work are at risk. If your work involves a computer:
* Slow down your mouse as it can greatly reduce muscle tension in your hand.
* Download MouseTool free software. It takes away the need to click on the mouse, which many people find painful.
* Use keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse to navigate and execute commands.
* The 'mouse keys' feature allows you to use the arrow keys on your keyboard's number pad to move the pointer around the screen.
* You can adjust the keyboard's key 'repeat rate' to avoid mistakes that you have to correct.
Health & Living