Gamblers Anonymous holds first 'open' public meeting in response to 'extraordinary increase' in gambling
Gambler's Anonymous is set to hold its first "open" public meeting on World Suicide Prevention day.
The meeting will take place this Saturday at 11 am in Teach Mhuire 36-39 Gardiner Street, Dublin 1.
"Given the extraordinary increase of problem, compulsive and addictive digital online gambling, Gamblers Anonymous is holding 11 Public awareness meetings during September, 2017," a statement said.
"The meetings are for people who would like to know more about Gambler's Anonymous, Gam-Anon and recovery," it added.
Public meetings are open to any person aged 18 or over. The group says 16 and 17 year-olds can attend if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
"Each meeting will have a chair person, two speakers and audience question & answer sessions. Open meetings are expected to last circa one hour with complimentary tea & coffee afterward," the statement said.
The meetings are as follows:
1. Teach Mhuire, 39 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin 1, - Saturday 9th @ 11am.
2. Crumlin, Dublin 12 - Monday 11th @ 7;30 pm.
3. Navan, Dealgan Park, Navan, Co. Meath, - Tuesday 12th @ 8 pm.
4. Dublin 16, Balally, Parish Hall, Church of the Ascension, Ceder Road, Tuesday @ 8.30 pm
5. Tallaght, Dublin 24, Wednesday 13th @6;30 pm.
6. Bray, Co. Wicklow, - Friday 15th @ 6 pm.
7. Newbridge, Co. Kildare - Friday 15th @ 7 pm.
8. Churchtown, Dublin 14 – Saturday 16th @ 6 pm.
9. Phibsboro, Dublin 7, Monday 18th @ 8 pm.
10. Clondalkin, Dublin 22, Friday 22nd @ 8 pm.
11. Gorey, Friday 29th @ 8 pm.
For more information see www.GamblersAnonymous.ie or telephone 01–872 11 33.